1. Click on a student’s name.
2. On the Review Verification page, Verification Services automatically searches for and displays potential student matches. If no potential matches are found, check “New Record.” The page will automatically expand to include the Verification Response and Edit Degree Detail sections.
3. Add the degree information under Edit Degree Detail. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Enter (you can type in these data dropdown fields) the Degree Award Date (MM/YY or MM/DD/YYYY format).
- If a student didn’t earn a degree, check “No degree awarded.” This will make “Dates of Attendance” a required field (MM/YY or MM/DD/YYYY format). Directly below the attendance fields, enter the date on which the subject is anticipated to graduate in the optional Projected Graduation Date field.
- Check “Financial Block” or “FERPA Block,” if either option applies. This will delay the record from being released to the requestor.
- The Degree Title field includes the pencil icon, which notes that this is an auto-complete field. As you begin typing the first few letters, Verification Services will automatically populate this field with the known degree titles previously reported by the school. Click on the correct degree title to select it.
- Select the school name from the drop-down menu for School Awarding Degree. You may also type in the division name for Division (optional).
- Type in the Major. Feel free to enter the Options, Concentrations, Minor, Academic Honors, Honors Program, or Other Honors fields (optional).
TIP: To add additional majors, options, concentrations, or minors, click the next to the field after entering the first.
4. Under Verification Response, enter a comment, if you desire.
5. When you are finished entering the degree record, click Next >.