You can add an individual record at any time, providing you with the flexibility to submit degrees between your scheduled data transmissions (e.g., a late conferral of a new degree or an older degree file).
To add a degree record:
1. After you’ve logged in, select the Verification Services tab.
2. Select Add Degree Record under the right menu. Add the degree information under Enter Degree Detail. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Complete the first and last name under Student.
- Enter (you can type in these data dropdown fields) the Degree Award Date (MM/YY or MM/DD/YYYY format).
- If a student didn’t earn a degree, check “No degree awarded.” This will make “Dates of Attendance” a required field (MM/YY or MM/DD/YYYY format).
- Check “Financial Block” or “FERPA Block,” if either option applies. This will delay the record from being released to the requestor.
- The Degree Title field includes the pencil icon, which notes that this is an auto-complete field. As you begin typing the first few letters, Verification Services will automatically populate this field with the known degree titles previously reported by the school. Click on the correct degree title to select it.
- Select the school name from the drop-down menu for School Awarding Degree. You may also type in the division name for Division (optional).
- Type in the Major. Feel free to enter the Options, Concentrations, Minor, Academic Honors, Honors Program, or Other Honors fields (optional).
- When adding a degree, if the degree is a Reverse Transfer Degree please check the Reverse Transfer Degree checkbox. The checkbox is editable if the check needs to be added or removed.
3. When you are finished entering the degree record, click Submit >. To delete this entry, click Cancel.