When your secure FTP account is established, a folder structure is created based on your user name.
In this example for user 00123400, the folders are:
> Home (Parent) Folder
- All user home folders are located under the Home or Parent folder
- You can only see and access your user home folder. For example, user 00123400 can access only the folder Home/00123400.
- This is the home folder for user 00123400.
- You can only upload files to your user home folder.
- You can delete files from your home folder.
- You can replace a current file by uploading one with the same file name.
- The Clearinghouse automatically downloads your files from your user home folder for processing on a regular basis. Once they are successfully downloaded the Clearinghouse system deletes files, so the files may disappear quickly.
- An email is sent to your FTP contact(s) when a file is downloaded and deleted by the Clearinghouse.
- This is the receive folder where the Clearinghouse places your response files.
- You cannot upload files to the receive folder.
- You can delete files from this folder.
- Files that are older than 90 days are automatically deleted from the receive folder.
- An email is sent to your FTP contact(s) whenever the Clearinghouse places a file in your receive folder.
- This is the archive folder that stores a copy of each file placed in your receive folder.
- You cannot delete files from the receive archive folder.
- Files that are older than 180 days are automatically deleted from this folder.
Click “Go to Your Home Folder” in the “Browse Files and Folders” section to go to your user home folder (e.g., Home/00123400).